- BEFORE BEGINNING ANY WORK, contact The Neighborhood Design Center(NDC) to begin the design process and to see if you are eligible for a grant. NDC will assist you in developing a design for your project.
- After a final design is decided on, estimates from licensed contractors for the scope of work need to be obtained.
- Choose licensed contractor(s) to complete the scope of work
- Submit completed application to the City's NCR Coordinator. This final application should include:
- completed application
- final drawings
- estimates for all work
- building permits (if applicable)
- lease or fee simple title
- proof of ownership or owner’s authorization (if applicable)
- proof of matching funds
- signature authorization affidavit
- completed W-9 form
6. Once you have been given approval from the City's NCR Coordinator, notify the chosen contractor(s) to begin work.
7. Collect paid invoices from contractor(s), and contact City's NCR Coordinator to do inspection of work.
8. Following the inspection, the grant can be closed. The City of Columbus will distribute a reimbursement check upon completion of this inspection.
Ready to start the process? Click here for the application, supporting documentation and additional resources.